Book week group photos

What a great book week!

On Wednesday we escaped to the Middle East, Pakistan and Outback Australia with Roseanne Hawke. She introduced us to some of her characters, and talked about how she uses her experiences and research to create characters and stories.

We were joined by Holly Nunan on Thursday morning, who was very engaging and inspiring. Our session with her was full of positive messages about the power and importance of believing and trusting in yourself, which tied in really well with our whole-school focus on growth mindsets. She read her book “What is an idea?”, and took the time to answer many questions.

Later that afternoon we watched a “Super Duper” performance, which followed the story of a boy whose superpower was to bring books to life. It featured characters from the shortlisted books, as well as a few of their own creations. It was great to see so many kids get involved with the dancing and offers to help out on stage.

Wow, was I impressed to see the effort and thought put into so many book week costumes! I really had no idea what I was in for, but I was blown away at the parade by everyone involved.
At the end of the day I tried to get a whole class selfie, but we couldn’t manage it, so instead we have two group pictures!

I hope you all had plenty of positive feedback about the week. I know I certainly enjoyed my first CLG book week!