Week 9 wrap up

Hi everyone,

This week has been a bit of a whirlwind, with cleaning, organising, timetable changes and classroom moves – but we’re almost there!

Our last bit of maths learning has been on angles. The students were challenged to design a snowflake or marble maze which has acute, obtuse and right angles. On Tuesday we got into the making phase using hot glue guns (I only got burnt once!) and the final products were very impressive.

Our shared lunch was a great chance to celebrate together. Thank you to everyone who brought food for the event. No one left hungry, that’s for sure. If you are missing a container or plate, there are some on tables in the Upper Mortlock corridor.

Yesterday we also had Kathy come in to run her first ever kid’s yoga class (I knew the best place to start would be in Star 19!). She was very impressed with the yogis, and they seemed to really enjoy the session. It was a lovely way to end a hectic day.

On another note, I have had many reports of misplaced hats and jumpers. Lost property is actually looking quite bare, so another explanation is that perhaps people have been taking home the wrong items by accident. Please make the time to check your child’s things, and if you find something that doesn’t belong send it back to school with them. Hopefully this may recover some of the missing items!

That’s it for now! Stay tuned for the next post, where I will probably need tissues by my side as I write about how much I’ll miss working with this amazing group of kids every day…

Miss Chambers